Sunday, July 24, 2005

 
Countdown at 100 Hours

Blogging is like any other "conversation". One starts off very focussed and gets into the unimportant detail and remains in the unimportant detail the whole time.

I have hardly talked about my plans. In the next 100 hours or less, I will be leaving home for a year. A YEAR. I will be off vacation partially and will spend about one month is a small town in France (Tours) to learn French. Yes. After the month, I am told, "You almost certainly will speak French". Lets see. What I couldn't do with a bunch of dictionaries, verb conjugation books, phrase books and state of the art multimedia CDs this 20 hours / week, 4 week course promises to do, nevertheless at a big premium. Verdict on the program in the end of August. I am also going to spend the 4 weeks with a french family. That is exciting. I will leave for fontainebleau after I finish the course to INSEAD about 2 days prior to start of orientation. So that is going to be tight. But working 20 hours only on language for 4 weeks should be something for an adult. I don't understand how they will keep my (and my classmates) attention, but we will see.

Still to do before I leave home
1. Shoe Shopping / Casual shirt shopping
2. Temporary Insurance (until I buy insurance locally in France next month through INSEAD)
3. Meet up with Old colleagues, New INSEADers from this town and Ex roomie to say goodbye. (Poor order I know)
4. Reorganize packing with excess baggage estimates.
5. Get the maps and contacts printed out.

Comments:
Sounds interesting man!

All the best in learning french.

And have a safe trip...

p/s regarding the withdrawn comment, it was mine. ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?