Saturday, July 09, 2005

 
Death Spiral Getting Popular?

Guess what? I received the first comment ever on my blog. Thanks Forest Gump for the first ever comment. I wonder if POE will work when you have more than 5 choices (ref: GMAT). It didn't work at all even when I had five choices :-).

Is it just that I have been way too egoistic to actually advertise this in the message boards.I finally managed to put the link on www.mbaleague.blogspot.com.

I have also started playing around with the blogger. Links to the two INSEAD blogs I have enjoyed reading are right here. (You will directly know where my style is lifted from).

Now that we spoke about all the marketing and stuff, I am going to give you reasons why you should read my blog. I think its easiest when someone has already taken the initiative and "walked into" the sales floor. So I am going to try and convince you why you should be reading my blog on a regular basis. So to start with...in today's blog, I am going to define "Target Audience".

So here you go....

If you are one of those applicants / MBA students / anyone who does not fall in the above two categories with any of the following traits...this is the one stop shop for you....

1. You have no clue what exactly you want to do with life but you also don't want to waste 2 of those uncertain years solving cases (hence a one year program).
2. You are from the third world, where getting things done takes 3 times the energy it takes in Fhanse and will never complain about dead phone lines and leaking bathtubs.
3. Theme Parties - Well well well, if I start on this one, I will certainly be offending a lot more people than I should. INSEAD seems to have a lot of theme parties. It should be interesting to see the kind of reception the death spiral gets in such parties. But me thinks the spiral is too conservative to make statements. So the death spiral might just not be attending.
4. Average, average, average. Never were you ashamed of being average in class on the tennis court, on the football team (what MOST of the world calls the game). You were perhaps not ashamed because you knew you were surrounded by active below average people and you were the only lazy average fella.
5. You believe life is simple and squarely unfair. Luck, chance and probability almost always plays a significantly more important role than effort, hardwork and determination. (oops did I just conflict with #4?)
6. You don't look for reason in anything and everything you do. You are random, impulsive, emotional, & wild - In English thats called Human. (Example: why am I called Death Spiral?)
7. You are unable to relate to any of the top 6 but still kept reading this far :-).

Comments:
Well death spiral, I fall in category # 7 of your list because I definitely don't fit into any of the previous 6. Still, I'll have to say I enjoyed reading your blogs even when I have no idea what you are talking about. Keep up the good work.
 
We are both clueless why we do this right?. That has to be good. Good to know. If you can, please do sign with a(ny) name and would love to hear more of your views :-).

Cheers
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?