Saturday, July 16, 2005

 
Excess Baggage, Mom's Food, Thunderbird and Unemployment.

As much as I am pleased to be home eating mom's food, I am traumatized by something that happenned and I am afraid I will have to go through it all over again. I was checking in my 5 bags weighing a total of 70 Kgs on my way home. To clarify, I am not a woman with a lot of shoes. Rather, I am a boring fellow with a poor dress sense (especially in picking socks), relocating back to my permenant address after living in a country for 2 years.

I was told by the check in clerk that I had to pay excess baggage of 1200 bucks. Yes thats right 1200. I politely told him that I paid 980 for my ticket that allowed 35 Kgs. Now I had to pay 1200 only for extra 35 Kgs. For that kind of money, I should logically be able to ship one more Death Spiral + all the baggage + have enough to drink my way to glory all the way home. (and buy drinks for my newfound clone as well if he is not a teetotaler). The clerk realized his mistake and gave me a "discount" and I ended up paying 730. In return I got upped to a B-class seat :-) for the 5 hour flight. That was nice of him. But I could have used another 200 discount instead of the upgrade. (if you know my country of origin, you could straightaway correlate my cheapness to a stereotype about my countrymen that is wellfounded...any guesses?)

What worries me though is the fact that - I will have to fly to france in a few weeks and I need to go through exactly the same issue of excess baggage...recommendations are welcome. Just keep in mind that I am way too lazy (and unorganized) for doing cargo shipments or the likes.

Met an interesting father of a fellow who did his MIM at Thunderbird. He certainly didn't feel happy about the investment his son made on the program (who is unemployed a year after graduating). I personally think the Thunderbird program is great. I didn't have enough information to counter his arguments on ROI related concerns on the program. I just heard him out and let it pass. One sample is never a good idea to make a judgement on...(Except when it is as representative as wannabe ;-)..........)
Where did I meet him? Excess baggage counter.

Now all is well. Moms food is as great as always. Pampering is at its best. I use the term "unemployed" to get sympathy from my family. It seems to be working so far.

Comments:
You must be an Indian, what with the cheapness and mum's food. duh
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?