Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 
Keeping the Promises

There are some emotions in the air. I am indeed leaving. Family has got all goody with me. They are packing for me, buying toothpaste for me, & printing out maps for me.

I ended up finishing the packing. I have about 40 Kgs in the 2 large suitcases, I have one cabin size suitcase (12 Kgs) and the laptop and a "schoolboy" backpack. If I do get away with one cabin suitcase and the laptop with the backpack hanging, I might closely shave the unstated 35 Kg limit for check-in. I am glad I have organized myself a lot better than I did on my previous journey. I certainly will not pay a ridiculous sum. The weighing machine did breakeven or should I wait for the verdict from the airline before commenting?

I even let go a lot of heavy clothing and packed "intelligently".

I kept a promise to a friend on a get-together. Guy is doing very well for himself since we last met (about 2.5 years back), married and happy :-) and able to take 3 hour lunch breaks (even more at times he claims). He is self-employed (pretty much).

Next Post to come from Fontainebleau or Tours.

Wannabe - IPod? I insist I am so not into these things.

Comments:
I stole one of your ideas (see my last blog). I hope you don't mind....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?