Sunday, July 10, 2005

 
Privacy, Value Proposition, & Customer Value.

I today decided to broaden my perspectives and learn about Blogs from other schools, started randomly and the one thing that struck me the most is - how open other bloggers are when compared to the INSEAD bloggers on Privacy related concerns. People have pictures, and that certainly hasn't stopped them from giving out strong personal views about anything and everything. I do agree each one of us does have a strong personal view. But I couldn't help but start stereotyping people based on what they started saying about themselves and their actions. I started relating their opinions in no time to their backgrounds. This is precisely what I am trying to avoid in this blog. Am I starting to justify why I haven't got my ugly picture up there?. Maybe I am. Maybe there is more to it. I want to avoid any "connotation" or "preconceived notion" that might come along with my background.

There might even be some questions on why I never blogged on a "very controversial country" I live in.

I haven't even mentioned to my classmates at INSEAD (including some good buddies I have made in the last 8 months) for this very same reason. I might be a little too ambitious in attempting to create the quality level that the information about the blog will spread.

Knowing the quality of MBA blogs out there, this is a stretch. Today, I am defining my "Vision" for the blog. Lets see.....

I Blog to bring the secrets of what goes on in a High Cost MBA (where I used to work, countries were differentiated as high cost countries and low cost countries) to the rest of the world so they are in a better position to decide how to spend the several thousand Euros, in the process venting out my own frustrations in a high pressure environment despite my indifference.

Pheew. Thats a little complicated don't you think? Let me take a more customer centric approach (background influence again). Why don't those who read this comment on what this Blog should serve as (unscientific survey - the louder one speaks the better he is heard) to uniquely position itself as a valuable B-school blog and we will take it from there. To limit your answers here are some of the questions I would like some of you answer.

Answer the following questions on a scale of 1 to 5 (1-Strongly disagree to 5 Strongly agree)
1. I read the death spiral blog to understand who is a better professor, the Org. Behavior or Managerial Finance one at INSEAD. (See why anonymity at every level has its advantages?)
2. I read the death spiral blog to get a 3rd world perspective of very high cost business education.
3. I read the death spiral blog to learn a methodology of forecasting how my career will shape up.
4. I read the death spiral blog as a part of the advanced level "anger management programme".
5. I read the death spiral blog to laugh my ass off.
6. I read the death spiral to learn le langue francaise. (where should I go to find that C with a hook at the bottom?)
7. I read death spiral because both of us share one thing in common - we have a loooot of spare time on hand. (hi hi hi, and they all say MBAs keep them busy, but then what the hell, that is what you need to do to justify all the money you are spending)

Use the comments section and just put in your rating as follows: (Q1-5,Q2-5,Q3-5,Q4-5, Q5-5 and so on....)

I volunteer (and add it to my community activity list) to tabulate results and publish it shortly. (Minimum sample size restriction: 1).

On a closing note, a quotable quote from the former dean of the MBA program I heard about a year back in a reception.
"We have two programs, the MBA and the Ph.D. In the former it is difficult to get in and easy to get out, in the latter, it is easy to get in and difficult to get out".

Comments:
Death Spiral, I need to scroll down before I can see the questions, can you publish the questions separately?
 
Q1 - 1
Q2 - 3
Q3 - 2
Q4 - 3
Q5 - 5
Q6 - 1
Q7 - 5

Do I get a prize? First to complete... :P

Man, I can't believe I'm actually sitting here completing it....
*sob*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?