Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 
Rental Car Surprise.

Today I decided to do some hardwork. I didn't realize the magnitude when I started searching for a one day rental to move from the airport to Fontainebleau. I thought car rental might be a good idea. I kept away from the rental company that was "red tagged" by past INSEADers. Talking about red-tags, the INSEAD community seems to have a robust process to say "Please don't choose that real estate agent or Please don't rent a car from XYZ company". I chose Europcar and went through the online process including the scary part of giving them my CC #. I was happy to find a Renault Megane for Euro 86 (with all the luggage I will have to move, the car looks spacious).

I was happy the task was behind me until i got a very personal mail stating the car is unavailable. I guess they use a very preliminary system to annoy their customers. Anyways, I need to go through the process all over again because they did not even suggest alternatives. Oh well, thats unfair, they did suggest an alternative: "Cancel your booking and get lost".

Comments:
I'm reading your blogs again after a while. I once said I fell in category # 7 of your list because I have no idea what you are talking about... but don't get me wrong, it's not because of your writing, it's because I am the clueless one when it comes to business simply because I am not in the field. Let me offer you the champagne bottle prize if you can guess who I am....
 
Hmm.

You could use a motorcycle instead of renting a car?

Thanks for the postings ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?