Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 
First Day of Class.

I was cursed for being arrogant yesterday. After a few lessons through the CD and some hopeless formal education (10 years back in high school), I expressed superiority over my poor arab friends who had no clue about the language. God gave his verdict by making me the WORST performer in the class I am in now. Everyone already seems to know all French they need to know (then what are they doing in my class?. Today I was taught, Past tense, Future tense and abnormalities with not more than 3 words in English totally spoken in about 4 hours of class ! That means they won't touch alphabet, colors, words, and all the beautiful things that normal children (hi hi hi, I know that word is out there with a purpose) start their langugage learning adventure with.

Jokes apart, I guess the school has a goal to stretch the students to their limits and they have shown it on day 1. Homework seems to be an integral part of learning french and I have atleast an hour of work to do today. But the thing is I can do all the written work to deceive even the best people in the French language faculty. But when it comes to speaking and listening, its a completely different story.

Comments:
french isnt so bad - try learning mandarin when you are in singapore, and you will feel that french was a cakewalk...
 
Hey, it's good to see fresh entries again.

Sounds good! All the best with your french lessons! :)


forrest g
Spoken Mandarin is pretty ok.
I would have picked french to be the harder language.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?