Monday, September 26, 2005

 
First test ever

Ok, today I got evaluated for the first time and the journey 'towards' average has just begun. When everyone is equal it is so fun. Actually it is not. The test was in financial accounting and contributed about 30% to the final grade. The test wasn't all that difficult but I didn't really like the idea of including the little details he mentioned in the class on Friday. It was ok. So no complaints. Anyone going to INSEAD, please do get yourself the 6 MB Cheatsheet docket and save some serious time. If you are the 'customization geek' you might waste your personal time will contribute to the future class experience. But I am no customization geek so I am just enjoying the fruits of labor of all the alumni who are making 100s of 000s of euros around the world (or so I am told). A couple of guys freaked me out by walking out of the exam hall in 50 minutes (2 hour test) when I was done with about 30% of the test. Are they brilliant accountants ? The mean / median / mode of the test will tell.

Tomorrow we have the second test, this time a 10% evaluation through a multiple choice :-). So guess what? I am ignoring it absolutely with no pang of guilt.

I am thinking of going to the oktoberfest but am worried already that I am not getting the most out of the 'typical INSEAD weekend' (drink, drink, drink and drink more in funny clothes)...but wait a minute - isn't oktoberfest exactly that?

The girl is gone, leaving behind a lot of memories (sob sob). Atleast there is skype in this world of student budget.

Work beckons.

Lebanese Week

Its lebanese week here. All lebanese are wearing a funny cap I never saw in the 5 days I spent in Beirut :-). With all the bad things happenning in the country on the media (Journalist killed yesterday) I hope we get to know the good side of the story this week. This week is the first national week. Should be exciting.

Comments:
what is the 6MB Cheatsheet docket? and i didnt quite get the customization part.
 
DS

What are the clues that are forming? What is your destiny?
 
Ananymous. Certain profs allow you to take for example one A4 page (one side filled or two sides filled) for an exam. So certain INSEADers have innovated in the past for the exams. These sheets are called cheatsheets. So if you are going to an Exam you don't have to start from zero. You can take these many many cheatsheets that are around and change it to suit your needs. There are even ones with the whole course shrunk into Font size 3 and compressed into A4 (certainly not my kind)

Wannabe - My destiny seems to be Industry / Consulting...investment banking has been eliminated. I have a preference for Industry assuming they have salaries in my ballpark.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?