Monday, September 05, 2005

 
Life Rocks on.

The week started beautifully, what better than having a half day of classes and "nothing" official for a good 24 hours non-stop. That atleast sound like a sunday ;-). But then, Bain is visiting campus to recruit from the december promotion and we are welcome to attend. So 5 hours or classes is not going to keep me away from waiting another 5.5 to attend the session for about an hour. It is my first "company presentation". I have attended a ton of them during engineering but then I bet this is going to be one "suave" experience if my bets are right. The Januaries seem to be excited with the number of companies visiting.

I finally got myself a headphone and then got myself connected to Skype. You heard that right. Skype. That does make me a geek doesn't it? Not really. I am just an innocent student who can no more afford making international calls through the phone. (well if I live in France, even if I am employed, I would use Skype).

What I learnt in class today?

Management & Sex Well, I learnt that "Sex" brings most happiness in a Texan woman's life and "Commuting to work" the least. The average time (based on 1000 samples) taken for "Sex" is about 0.2 hours.

Active listening: Until you repeat and convince the person who says something that you have actually understood what he has said, "you cannot move on" with the conversation. Its a lot more difficult than you can think.

Active gambling: Our prof for statistics lost a bet with a student and paid Euro 10. (Simple toss of a coin). Then she won about Euro 100 (and generously let the students keep it) when she actually gambled on "I bet 2 students in this class have the same birthday in this class" thingy. At the end she put up a slide which gave out the odds in her favor at 97% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments:
How many students were there in this class?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?