Monday, September 19, 2005

 
The M&M Class

Today the stats prof decided to be nice in the Stats class. Teach students about sampling with M&M candies. I couldn't complain. It was good fun counting M&Ms and eating them (silently) after we finished the sampling exercise. I am liking this class because it is simple and makes me feel in control. Here are my course ratings (although I know wannabe doesn't read it)

Financial Markets & Valuation - A++
Leading Groups and People (OB in the B-school world) - A+
Uncertainity Data and Judgement - B++ (The M&M class)
Financial Accounting - C
Micro (economics) - D--

I think my grades are going to be inversely related to my personal liking of the subject. Micro is an exception (Bad grade, bad liking)

Comments:
I remember FutureMBAGirl writing about M&M's at Stats class in Wharton. I guess, profs borrow each other technic, yeah?
So, Has Ms. Fiancee come? :) I think you're having a busy week then.
 
Bah. What ratings? What post?
:P

Though personally I'm all for Economics, be it micro/macro.


Do your classmates read your blog and know who you are ? :D
 
The M&M counting has happenned for several years now at INSEAD. I think people just keep doing exactly the same stuff in all b-schools. I think all deans / instructors go through a 'Crash course in training MBAs' (mostly at Harvard) and use it as is.

Did I have fun counting M&Ms? Yes (eating it even more)

Did I learn? (grey area)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?