Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 
Death Spiral Returns with a BANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow ! Isn't life good. That was just a week off from all you "complainers". I am one of the most frequent bloggers that the MBA fraternity has provided. But atleast now I know for certain I have some expectations to meet and I am hell bent on not disappointing you.

Today
Today is a day. Its not just another day. Its not even just another day of INSEAD (any day here is special already). It is the day I finish one period. It is one of those rare days when I have all the time on earth to look back and say "Phew ! Thats the most I have ever done in 2 months". I mean it people and I am not alone. Today I finished my 5th and last final in Finance. It was "suspiciously easy". The course sucked my blood all period long but today I felt like I knew it all in the finals. When I came to INSEAD, I knew what stocks and bonds mean. Today, I know how to value a company by levering and unlevering betas of companies and why in a "tax-full" world its smart to run a company with as much debt as you can practically take on !!! Not bad eh? I can do the same with almost every course this period. Profs were of great quality (except one) and I am decisively happy about having come here. I even know what I want to do with my career. Oh wait a minute. I know exactly what I don't want to do with my career. But the thing is by doing principle of elimination (the only thing GMAT contributed to my IQ/EQ/BS-Q), I have brilliantly elimated consulting, investment banking, retail banking, pharma, and a few other industries. That roughly leaves me with picking some 20% of the companies that come here to recruit. That I call a "process of scientific clue formation"

The Exams
The finals all happenned in a period of 65 hours. 5 Exams of 3-4 hours each all packed in 65 stressful hours. It was so much fun to see so many adults being collectively stressed. It is one hell of a social experiment I hope to repeat when I become the CEO of some company and have the power to do so. I am going to one day say "Ok people, lets see how good you are at your jobs, you need to take so many hours of test in the next two days or you get fired"? Am I death spiral or a sadist? ;-)

The Four day Break
I am sitting here on a Wed afternoon and have four days to do whatever I want all by myself !!! Imagine that !!! 4 days for myself, no studying, no parties, no exams to worry about (I will for simplicity that there is no reading to do for monday the first day of next period which is overly wrong !!!!) . And as the famous saying goes "Good boys go to heaven and bad boys go to amsterdam" and guess where I am going ;-). Good guess people. Amsterdam and the stones....let me not leave none unturned this long wierd october weekend :-).

The one special difference
Except for the day I got sooo drunk in the "Heaven or Hell" costume party, I have slept an average 8 hours every 24 hours in this period. It is supposed to be one of the two most stressful periods and I don't buy the argument from certain quarters that it is extremely stressful.


I can see that there are more people visiting the blog if I actually don't blog than if I do. No one bothers to comment if I blog daily. Here I am missing for a week and there are a zillion comments.

LeOptimiste - sorry for not actually sending you an email earlier. I logged onto the blogger after a week today (people, it wasn't that long ago after all....). Shoot me an email at deathspiral2006@gmail.com will try to have a look at your questions.

Comments:
enjoy the vacation. you truely have earnt it.
 
Nice of you to come back ;-)
 
Great blog!! as an applicant it gives me great insight into INSEAD life.
 
am glad you are now aware of the expectations now! blog often! :-) Have fun at amsterdam, hope to remember something about the trip to write about ;-) I'll be in Fonty end dec and was planning on celebrating new year's at amsterdam myself. Any INSEADers heading that direction?
 
Thanks for the flattering comments guys. Had a good time at amsterdam. More on its way in the blog. Looked like tons of INSEADers were in amsterdam for the break. But we pretended we didn't know each other ;-).
 
Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://pyqybewi.freewebsitehosting.com/ezyrolu.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich
 
Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://zofyzorafi.exactpages.com/cacado.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?