Sunday, October 02, 2005

 
Oktober starts !!!

1. What is the best way to celebrate a month of action (the highest level of activity in my life in about 8 years now)?
2. What is the best excuse not to look at all the piling up homework, classwork, & Prescribed reading?
3. Whats the best way to welcome Oktober into the year?

Oktoberfest !!!!

It all started on Friday when after a long days work I was walking back to the parking lot and in front of this library I met this classmate of mine who looked tired after a long week and I said
Me: 'Any plans for the weekend?'
Him: 'Not much really, just catch up with the studying I guess?'
Me: 'Come on, we can do better than that how about Oktoberfest?'
Him: 'Ok lets go'
Me: 'U are serious aren't you?'
Him: 'I am, you are aren't you?'
Me: 'Deal, I have dinner with my team, so you do the maps / hotel booking and I see you in school at 10:30. We will see if we can find one person each to join us and that will help share the gas prices, driving makes better sense'
Him: 'Deal'

3 hours later, I had donated my lebanese party ticket (20 euros) to a classmate so he can use it and was on the road with 4 guys to Munich (I learnt during the drive that it was 9 hours long, deep into germany and Oktoberfest is a festival of beer happenning since 1810)

11 hours later after plenty of breaks, we reached Munich. Checked into the hotel freshened up and were on a train to the Fest. 8 hours later, I was competing on my fourth liter of beer with a Cheq that I can't recall the name and was hugging every stranger I saw. 2 hours later I was in my bed. At 3 in the morning drive back to fontainebleau began and here I am blogging about the best party I have been in EVER !!!

If one day I return to interview candidates for my company in INSEAD, the questions I am going to ask are.

1. Describe a typical weekend?
2. Have you been to Oktoberfest?
3. How many times have you visited Paris?
4. Were you above or below average in the first test you ever take?

So all you guys who plan to work for me, go to INSEAD and help bring the class average down ;-).

Loved the weekend. The week actually starts with the exciting Mr. Brimm teach OB for 4.5 hours tomorrow + the India-Pakistan week. (there are about 100 of those around). The schedule looks promising. This is soooo fun.

About the clues - I have eliminated Investment banking as a place I want to work. So now I need to work on the 80% of the other jobs available. I am picking between Industry and Consulting now.

Comments:
Pleased you enjoyed Munich...F.B must get a little boring sometimes with all usual chatter..

An insider...

By the way do you know a Liyana Burtsava?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?