Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 
The best day at INSEAD so far.

Today certainly was the best day at INSEAD so far although I missed my alarm and slept on until 9:15 am. (didn't miss any class / appointments though). Started with a career counselling session. Was good to hear a view of a coach who pretty much said "Consulting is not really for you". Today was an action packed day. 10 countries / regions are fighting for 9 spots in "National weeks" scene for the next three periods. Tomorrow is the vote and its heating up. Also the most popular performance this week will lead to "First pick" on the slots. So some serious competition going on. I find the Israeli's, Italians and Spaniards the most creative although for some unstatable emotional reasons, deciding on the "Arab week" as well. Thats not why I call it the best day so far though.

Today we got to see INSEAD in its true form.

In leading organization we got to the last class on "Cultural Challenges in managing cultures" and each of us were supposed to talk about stereotypes about our cultures. Of course only 2 groups got to present and not out of coincidence did we get to see about 10 different countries. The 9 countries I learnt about today include: Canada, Spain, France, India, Russia, Poland, Costa Rica, Australia, & Israel and there are several I am forced to go through the slides without the background. It is a pure coincidence that none of the 7-8 americans in my class didn't get up there, although my groupmate american had a fun fun fun slide about the country.


One of those days, I feel I made the right choice, by coming here. All that said, if you like and respect culture - INSEAD is the place to be. I think there are a lot of BS in b-school and this amazing diversity of people makes me look forward to tomorrow.

Comments:
Russia didn't make it and I think the votes were fairly objective.
 
Sorry...missed one comment. Since we are mostly going to singapore, you guys will be doing most of the work ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?