Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 
My bloody Housemates

Ok classes started yesterday and it has been good so far. I have one quick and interesting story to tell.

Yesterday in class the Prof for Managerial Accounting : Lets call him one Mr. JC mentioned "death spiral" out of the blue when I was not even paying attention in class (talk about a sincere participant in the first day of classes)...and that sent some chills through my spines. Why would there be a mention of death spiral in an accounting class? Anyways, I just flattered myself by saying maybe he follows my blog and wanted to 'send a signal'. So here I am trying to send Mr. JC a signal back.

Mr. JC : You have the best sense of humor amongst the three profs we have seen this period so far (First impressions of course). You are a funny guy. We all love you.

(Dear Readers: This is just hypocricy what else can I say to a guy who gives a 25% weight for class participation...I am just 'hedging' my bets on the possibility that as an Ex-Harvard prof, should be smart enough to trace me hopefully with no INSEAD IT support). Did I by the way drill myself into a hole by doing this? If this post gets deleted tomorrow you all know the reason right?

So the story didn't end there. I was still curious if he had mentioned it in the other section he teaches (there are 4 sections with approximately 75 students each) and spoke to my housemates about the mention and obviously they found my question "very wierd". I tried using all my skills in morphing my stupid thought. To prove that I am not insane to ask random questions, I had to finally confess. So now 4 more INSEADers know that I blog with the name Death Spiral. Well I think only 4 other INSEADers now know my identity. That somehow curtails my "freedom". I need to say some nice things about these four people so here I start.

M1: Beecombs in the head, smile on the face, gossip in the lips. Party animal, Easy go lucky, Talented singer. Expert accountant. All-rounder. One of M1s groupmates calls M1 the 'best looking person' of that particular gender in the entire school.

M2: The most unassuming person I have ever met from the 'firm'. Academic guru. Very normal until you mention the word "Flea". If you give M2 a choice between an encounter with a snake and sleeping in a bed with flees my guess is M2 would pick the snake. Or am I wrong? M2 also has a very special relationship with the landlady.

H1: The largest Height:Weight ratio in the promotion doesn't prevent the neurons in the top from communicating with the neurons in the rest of the body and being sarcastic. H1 is committed to pulling the leg(s) of others. If your first impression is that he is a geek (which happens to be right) H1 seems to know everyone on campus on a personal level. A very relationship kinda person. The only INSEADer I know that doesn't drink. Always our designated driver :-).

H2: Very serious, means business, analytical, intuitive, critical, and shrewd. Has an unmatched skill in seeing the 'dark side' of people (and unfortunately is mostly right). I am committed to determining through a serial multiple hypothesis test what H2 does in the bathroom 1/2 hour+ every day (leaving me exactly enough time to be late to class if I shower). H2 also believes I plan to be rich by eating his butter and not paying for it. Remember H2 that I am kidding, take it easy and I promise to steal less butter from now on.

Now to the famous landlady.....aaah well, I choose to not talk about it unless I get persuaded to do it.

Ok folks, if I don't blog in three more days call 911 because those four did something to me after reading this.

Comments:
glad to see ur blogging more often! i'll wait and see if ur post gets deleted! BTW ...is the landlady hot? ;-)
 
Hahah. What a post. I can't believe you went around asking people about "death spiral" and having to confess that you blog.

:P
 
Don't worry, I remember him using death spiral when I took his class as well.
 
When I don't feel like studying I usually check email... when there is nothing there to read, your blogs are always good entertainment material.
 
"Now to the famous landlady.....aaah well, I choose to not talk about it unless I get persuaded to do it." Folks I think it's perhaps time we start persuading? DS - Elaborate Please!
 
Xoxo, that really sounds threating. Mail assured today !

Anonymous - Hot, yes, but 35 years back !!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?