Saturday, November 26, 2005

 
Party, "Elections" and the CV.

The CV book and the zillion other cases to do is the talk of the town in campus. I didn't make it to the party last night as I didn't "Get tickets"...yes such things happen too. Most people I spoke to were disappointed with the party because the club got overcrowded supposedly. I was home watching some tv and thinking about my finances that were getting a little out of control. After a long time I had a 'peaceful' friday all for myself. However, I made it up with a "guys night out" with some friends. That was fun too.

The CV thing is going great. I don't think my CV ever looked as good (thanks to the several feedbacks I have received from people around the world). I still am getting feedback and in the true spirit of deadlines will click go at 9:00 Pm tonight (a good 2 hours and 59 minutes before I run out of time).

Juggling several things?

Well the whole hype about the program being overwhelming is still as I already called it a 'hype'. Yes there are unrealistic expectations occassionally but you always have the choice with you - You just can't do everything and you need to be ok with that. At the very least you discover your likes and dislikes as time passes and you are occassionally surprised. But as time passes, I have noticed the extremely serious loosen up a little bit and the happy go lucky get more serious !

French Test

I strongly recommend you attempt the initial test after adequate preparation. The further you get with your score the better it gets. After having put enough efforts on my language, now I am convinced its a total waste of time / distraction in b-school but a "neccessary evil" atleast for INSEAD to help its own positioning. Of course if you do fail the test, if you take the INSEAD class you are atleast "safe" with your graduation requirement as they teach you exactly what is tested and test you exactly on what you know. Get my message? ;-).

French Forests

In no way is this a "balance" between urban and rural. Its rural rural and more rural. I had a lot of fun in the summer even fall. The forest was beautiful, the drive was soothing, the personal garden at home a place I wanted to rush every day. But to ruin it all winter arrived and I am f**king cold. It gets really really cold and living in a large house (although well heated) doesn't help a whole lot. I love the fire place at school and at home. Its about time I pack my bags for singapore. Now if you are saying its a balance between "urban and rural" between "Singapore and Fonty". True. Agreed.

Comments:
It seems that attending INSEAD teaches a lot about "balance" between studying like hell and partying like no tomorrow.

DS, so far what's the most significant thing you've learnt?
 
your picture of "rural, rural and rural" is scary...almost gives me the image of a dark wintery bavarian forest...say it isn't so DS!?
Having experienced this yucky winter/rural setting - would u like to change your mind about INSEAD?
thanks
 
I wouldn't change anything as long as there is a singapore you can shift to ;-). Remember I loooved this place when I got here. Its really scenic even now (that is after the car heats up). Also the community feeling within the class is very very strong, thanks to the "not many alternatives to life style" but then you can just change it all and still have the same standards same diversity sitting in singapore. BTW youngblood if I were a bavarian, I would go to Singapore for the first 3 periods and arrive in Fonty only for the job season. Hope that answers your question.
 
Wannabe - The one thing I have learnt is,
Negative networth that results from Infinite cash outflow with no inflow is unsustainable ;-).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?