Friday, November 11, 2005

 
The Singapore Exchange Results, Parties, Oktoberfest, CV, & Groupwork.

Yesterday we heard back from the exchange coordinator the results of the Singapore exchange bidding process. The waitlist for a one period visit to Singapore is at an ALL TIME high of 82 Fonty participants. We are well past the learning curve on the exchange thingie in INSEAD. Everyone seems to have a perception that it is a good idea to spend P3 in Singapore (to save yourself from the gruelling cold in France) and return to fontainebleau to interview with European recruiters. Of course it is based on a random lottery and I was one of the lucky ones to make it in the lottery. Btw, if you do not want to risk ending up spending all time on one campus, INSEAD proposes ideas when you bid (they warned us about this situation even as we bid). There are multiple tiers of priorities and it is clearly communicated so people can "truely choose" what is best for them. Unfortunately there are a lot of gamblers and when there are gamblers there are losers too ;-). It is unfortunate I will leave behind a few people I have got to know very well and there is a bright chance I will not see them again at all after Christmas. Thats scary isn't it?

Parties
There were a couple of parties in a row on Wednesday and Thursday. There are some real talents I discovered yesterday in organizational and cooking skills in a few people. I continue to be pleasantly surprised and flattered by some people's company.

Wednesdays party was our champagne party. I drank atleast a bottle or more of champagne.

Oktoberfest

Today is Oktoberfest in France !!!! It is the heart of Europe week and I am sorry for not giving them as much coverage as I should have...partly because I have been down sick for most of this week. It has been the most "efficient, disciplined, well organized, united" week. The Austrians, Germans, Bavarians ;-), Swiss have all come together to put a great show. I am thinking of skipping the oktoberfest the one thing I want to do most for health reasons - this suuucks !
The amphistorming was real fun. The German secy. deserves special credit for her job.

CVs/ Resumes
We are working on our CVs for the job hunt (who does that 3 months into an MBA except us ???) now...we are expected to upload it next week. My lazyness I think won't allow me to finish before the due date.

Groupwork
There are three group assignments due next week. We plan to work on all of it on monday and tuesday. We have set aside 6 hours and are targetting to finish it quicker than that. Don't be surprised if I disappear.

Comments:
So Singapore after Christmas?

Does the system work so that if you go to Singapore, prefer Singapore, you can finish up your MBA at Singapore? Or MUST you return to France?
 
Well the system is highly flexible (for the most part except the winter bottleneck I mentioned)....I don't have to return to france if I don't want to.
 
congratulations !
if you organize a "february-fest" in Singapore, i just might fly in ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?