Monday, December 19, 2005

 
I bet I am making a 3 on this one !

One more finance exams...when I walk in I always hope to pass and when I walk out I am perhaps the only one smiling. Today the test was truely gruelling (or so everyone claims). I was totally pressed for time...I finished like 2 minutes before the end of the exam...so that I assume is a good sign. I am extremely happy with this period and won't be surprised if I do move up from the 'average' position awarded in P1...but then I can't get so optimistic with just two exam performances. (Man. Accounting and Finance) the other three 'poet' courses can swing me anyways right? True...I think I might end up being turned into a geek here. I am a geek....oops. (Wannabe happy?)

Ok what is the 3 doing up there in the subject. I thought it would be a good idea to explain how the GPA works here. If any of you are six sigma black belts this will be much simpler. But let me start by saying the grading is relative. So anyone with an average performance gets a 2.5 and everyones score is given 2.5 +/- the number of standard deviations you are from the mean. So essentially a 3.0 means atleast a 0.5 from the mean...for the people who know the normal curve you might know that about 99% of the data lies between +/- 3 Sigma...so if you do get below -0.5 (oh yes, people do get GPAs that are negative atleast in core courses) one needs to redo the courses (and they say that happens too)....now in P1 I narrowly missed escaping some cruel lonliness in the Z curve in financial accounting (I can never get balance sheets to balance and the accounting graders are always out to punish me for such mundane mistakes)

What am I doing blogging now about boring grade points which anyways don't matter....I am going and getting my beer to celebrate the commencement of P2 holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas everyone !!!!!!!!!!

Comments:
Damn right you're a geek! Knew that from the very beginning! :p

I'll take you up on the bet :)

So what are your Christmas plans? When do you head over to Singapore? I want my champagne :P
 
What champagne? Remind me please? Maybe I have a selective memory loss here to protect my wallet?
 
I'm in .sg now!

Whooohoo..

It's so boring :P

Happy New Year guys.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?