Saturday, December 17, 2005

 
Long Break in a couple of days

I need to jump the hurdle of two more finals before I can enjoy tranquility for another 15 days. Well not really, there is a lot of mixed feeling already on Campus with everyone going their way for the break and "Ever after". Some stay here, many go to singapore, and then the "sections" are broken down and new ones have been created. So January is going to be as good as new.

The finals this period have been lesser of an ordeal than the P1 finals. There are a couple of "decently quantitative courses" but even finance is getting a lot more "intuition" driven than otherwise...although they say that is good for poets and not for engineers as an "engineer pressured into being an engineer by society" I am secretly cherishing the long essays I am writing in my marketing (finished Friday) and strategy exams(on monday). Jake's exam is over and I should say it was not difficult at all. I never thought I could enjoy writing an accounting exam as much EVER (especially after that stupid grade I got for P1 financial accounting). This time I think it certainly will help me move my grades up by a notch when my Mktg and OB will keep me as close to average (hopefully)!

The break is here. I am looking forward to it. But then now I need to get back to Black-scholes (for winning Nobel Prizes for making way too many assumptions about what shouldn't be assumed in the first place) and why Microsoft had to change ESOs (Executive Stock options) to RS (Restricted Shares) before announcing Dividends (instead of trying to fix the innumerable bugs on windows xp)...ok people Chao !

Comments:
Hang in there. Xmas is around the corner.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?