Monday, January 16, 2006

 
Happy New Year Everyone

Ok everyone, I am back again for a very slow start. I said, if I can read 35 pages of Chap 5 for Macro economics, I can certainly spend a few minutes blogging this morning. I decided I am going to get back to my routine (or atleast try) starting today. Lets see how this works...so no promises, besides young and energetic fellas from the December class are already taking over from the oldies like myself so why bother ;-).

L'Optmiste - welcome to INSEAD. Hope you had a good welcome party and maybe we already know each other. I am not keen on keeping the mystery going. I think it should be good to catch up over a coffee or something. Will you ask me questions about your blog? Lets exchange emails. My schedule for this week is particularly bad thanks to my "relaxing first week"

Wannabe - talk about drinks being expensive. Ms. Fiancee thinks "Singapore is good for DS's liver". They certainly have no understanding of drinker behavior or simply have a high ethical standard. Whatever it is "Being an INSEADer at S'pore sucks" because about half the drinking "pleasures" disappear with sober classmates :-).

A quick intro to the classes I am taking
1. ISM - Something about IT (prof. has abundant opportunity to improve and the course feels very outdated)
2. Macroeconomics - The best prof this period so far a welcome change from the one I had in Fonty for Micro. The subject is incredibly interesting. At last I am having my official class on "Big mac index" that thing certainly is going to come in handy on the salary negotiations
3. Intl Political Analysis - The course sounds interesting...lessons yet to begin

I am doing 4 electives on top of this one of which is a project. Most of my electives are focused on entrepreneurship except one OB one and I am being a rebel in not doing the advanced finance elective (ACF)...saving myself a ton of work !

Grades are out for P2, I have "above average" grades in all courses ! That atleast brought my self-esteem back after the disaster in Financial accounting last period !

Ok people, gotta go grab lunch before the class this afternoon in IT.

Comments:
It's so cool that you guys can go to 3 schools in 1 year.
 
Tell you a trick that Singaporeans do, they head over to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) for a cheap dirty weekend.

A bottle of Absolut vodka (750ml) is about USD 80 at a "happening" nightclub in Kuala Lumpur. Still a bit on the high end compared to other countries though.

But if you're going to travel, be careful in the border town (Johor Baru) on the Malaysian side, it's not safe and not cheap - lots of crime etc.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?