Sunday, January 29, 2006

 
My annoying disappearances

Today one of my groupmates on something I said went "So you are the helicopter view blogger"....lol. That is the first time it happenned to me in 6 months of blogging. So what are the chances of that happenning. I am impressed by DL and his view of life. He is one of the high energy, has something to say about everything kind of guy ! One hell of a perceptive guy to be able to crack the helicopter view thingie...But then what else do you expect of a guy who goes to class with laptop in his hand. If I am a geek, he is geek^geek

I am trying to build a brand here with the Death Spiral thingie and I am now the "helicopter view guy". But I am glad someone at INSEAD spotted me based on "the story". The experience this time was "I have never been happier than this before in INSEAD". That was a good catch...and I knew I was contributing something to the community.

Life is beautiful. I can't believe the veteran Kanags stays in Dover (I do too) and I haven't put in the efforts to get in touch with him. I can even see if I can be a bigger geek than him on the X-Box thingie he keeps talking about on his Blog. I promise to catch Kanags sometime this week. Owe it to the big guy ! But then, whats with all the geek talk around here. I have mentioned it a zillion times already

I do apologize for the disappearance. I just find my skype phone a lot more fascinating than my otherwise mundane "Research life". When all fellow INSEADers feel swamped with work, for a change, I feel motivated to swamp myself. A survey is ready on my business and I plan to run it amidst INSEADers this dog year ! (Well Happy Chinese New Year all of you !!!!)

I have done nothing I can be proud of this long weekend except a lot of catching up with the project. I have been sending emails to the great Mr. Turner at odd hours so he knows I am working on it ;-) (time testing consulting business strategy according to the most hilarious book I have read this year "Story of Lies")

Now I will be concerned if some consultants are reading this where I might send my CV as well...but do you think they will spot me? Tempted to run a survey on that too...but I will let it pass this one time !

Comments:
Hi! I was recently admitted to Insead and coming to France this weekend for a visit.I understand u r not in France, but was wondering if you have any recommendation regarding housing in Fontainebleau (i'll b chacking them on the weekend). Thanks!
 
You've been tagged dude...go get the questions on my blog :-)
 
Noa Congratulations !!! Welcome to INSEAD.

About the housing logistics - I suggest you be very careful about landlords. You talk to students who stayed in the house before signing a contract. Rule of thumb is Supply > Demand :-). So take it easy.
 
KV - sorry for being a rebel on the tagging...I haven't watched TV shows and movies in years !!!! So I have a modified list...I hope I don't strain the "chain of love" ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?