Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 
Life is Beautiful

As P4 is about to start, I just realized life is beautiful for several reasons.

(1) I found a very very beautiful place to live in that just seems too good to be true. Firstly its less than 3 kms from Campus at Avon. Its right behind the fontainebleau chateau and looks like either an imitation of a chateau yet with the luxuries of a hot shower, refrigerator and an "Electric" heating system. If you live in france you will know how big it is to have an electric heating instead of a gas heating system. I live on the first floor in a studio kind of setting. The house is soo scenic even in winter with the atleast 200 square meter garden. Its awesome. All this at an affordable rent (30% less than my earlier house in the middle of nowhere) and a nice landlady who trained me for half hour on how the bed is supposed to be set in France (before you guys get ideas, she is atleast 75)

(2) Being back "home" its nice to see a lot of old friends again. I haven't met the couple of the "Best INSEAD buddies" yet, but then I certainly have seen a lot of people I spent 4 months with. Some all 3 Ps in singapore have switched as well and I feel a "elder brother" love for them too :-). Holiday stories are being shared. Mine was uneventful but then I have the singapore story to tell the fonty folks.

(3) Juicer at EUR 6.95. I love it when France tries to be competitive. I found a citrus juicer at 6:95 when I was looking for a EUR 6.40 adapter (Singapore appliance in France). Wow...something is changing in France. Why do you all think I am abnoxious?

Talking about abnoxious, I think the following comment deserves "reposting here" so no one misses it. I am impressed with myself for being obnoxious enough to attract such critical attention. Loving it all the way. Except that the person who posted the comment remained anonymous.

Anonymous said...
You are another obnoxious idiot MBA. An idiot like you is born everyday. Good riddance!


Obviously the "Good Riddance" means the person who posted it is in Singapore.

Comments:
Is it true that doing the MBA at INSEAD is exactly like doing it at an Indian program due to 80% of the student body being Indian? If so, why are people spending 45 K Euros for it? Can't you just buy a MBA degree from Patna University for 10 Euros?
-chunky monkey
 
Chunky Monkey...you have some serious errors in the numbers. About 13-14% participants are INDIANS in the INSEAD MBA. NOT 80 ! About the price, of course INSEAD CANNOT compete with the indian programs :-).
 
Is it true that INSEAD is not getting enough applicants from the EU and the US? They are only getting a lot of applications only from India and so the disproportionately large percentage of Indians in the promotions.
-chunky monkey
 
I am sorry I meant 80 people per promotion of 440 are from India not 80%. Sorry about that.
-chunky monkey
 
Isn't 15% from a single country very unusual for a top 10 school. I was shocked when I heard this statistic.Is this why INSEAD has been falling in the rankings?
-H
 
HeyDS


You've been getting some very interesting comments....

But that is a good point, 14% of the student body to one country is pretty high. Especially given that INSEAD is supposed to be big on diversity.

Anyhow, now that you've stayed in S'pore and Fonty, which do you prefer? Is there a difference in the quality of teaching?
 
There are some pretty uninformed (ignorant?) people around here.

QUOTE Isn't 15% from a single country very unusual for a top 10 school. UNQUOTE

Go ask Harvard, Wharton, Chicago etc what percentage of American nationals they have.
 
There are some pretty uninformed (ignorant?) people around here.UNQUOTE
I think you are the ignorant fool here. Last I checked INSEAD was not located in India. Hence your argument has no logic to it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?