Monday, March 13, 2006

 
The Ride begins again !

The real INSEAD recruitment season begins with Booz-Allen visiting campus today. As you know me already, I am not keen on Consultants. I certainly hope to keep tab of the pulse on campus and who knows something interesting might pop-out of the 20 odd visitors ;-).

The weekend was good. Lots of work. Caught up with the stuff to be done in the week. I organized myself for the first time forcibly so I am not too messy during the week. I know exactly what I am doing for the most part (Even the sections I will be attending classes in for the rest of the week so I can make the most out of the CS activities)

I spent several hours over the weekend with some of the executives visiting INSEAD on trainings. It is interesting to hear the views people hold on INSEAD. Most(read:all) of them, I should say are more positive than Chunkey Monkey's views ;-).

Chunkey Monkey - You certainly are frustrated ! You are free to hold your views. Any system you take no matter how efficiently designed, has strengths and exagerrated strengths turn into weaknesses. You seem to be someone from the INSEAD system who did not successfully collect the rent. The ones who see the rent being taken away always cry ! No more human nature comments now ;-).

Gotta run.

Comments:
Didn’t you want to be an entrepreneur or are you just looking for a job to pay-off your loans before you go work for yourself?
 
Good question. I do see myself working for Industry for a while...But then the fellas on campus now don't realize "Temptation is a Sin".
 
DS,
Sorry to disappoint you but I did very much collect my rent...a year and thanks to the huge sign-on I got, I am debt free.
No need to get defensive...we should all be able to discuss de-merits of the school we all adore...am along with several other concerned alums planning to raise this "lack of diversity" issue with JFB as well. The system is biased in favor of a certain nationality and we WILL FIX it.
-CM
 
Dear CM - Congratulations on the "Debt-free" ness and the large sign-on bonus. I am happy for you.
I am neither obligated to nor hold a Defensive view. Even before I graduate and know if I am as successful as you or not, I feel my "rent has come".

One thing that forced me to get judgemental is the emotive view on both subjects - Career & Diversity. Although I DO NOT disagree with things you state, I guess its the way it is stated that makes the difference. All people I see complaining about Career services in INSEAD are the ones who are not clear on what to expect rather than the ones who know what to expect and do their homework. Remember I myself was clueless when I got to INSEAD. But if I am clueless and expect CS to help me how are they supposed to figure things out. Although the school tries hard to present to you opportunities.

About FB I do agree that there are things that need to change and there are plenty of things we need to do to change the school (including the pride in the brand in young graduates like yourself)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?