Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 
The Interview Day coming

The campus is starting to fill with P4s in suits. The interviews are in full swing. I have seen no one on campus who has told me after an Interview - 'I cracked it, I think I am going to work for consultant X'. NO ONE. None out of some 20 odd people I have been asked. Does that mean I have sucker friends? Or is everyone being modest? We will know.

Otherwise, classes and presentations are proceeding at a reasonable pace. Guidant was here yesterday. I was happy to see some very interesting people. I am not sure with the uncertainity prevailing with the merger if there will be enough enthusiasm (many P4s seemed to place the bet on mittal steel instead of guidant yesterday since the presentations were at the same time). We will see how it all turns out.

Comments:
Mittal getting so much attention hmmmm looks like placements are not going well. Usually they have a tough time getting 2 people to show up.
 
Isn't Guidant being acquired by Boston Scientific? MBA layoffs here we come!
 
The indians for sure seem very interested in the consultants ! Any idea why?

They may be interested but they sure won't be getting any offers. Consulting is white male dominated.
 
I wonder what happens when the billion plus Chinese start deciding that an MBA is what they want.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?